Saturday 4 July 2015

K122. Is God still concerned with what we wear (or how we wear) our garment when we see Him? (3)

I have said in K120 that there are two cleansing:
A. Cleansing by the blood of Jesus and
B. Cleansing by His words and commands

A. Jesus did not just forgo His own life (blood) to save us or to make us clean
The Lord has shown clearly to Peter and us in Joh 13:3-12 that we must have both inner cleansing from Him. Judas Iscariot had the privilege to be washed by Him, by His words, by His teaching, and by His doctrine, but he was never cleansed (or clean under the first cleansing). Many may ask, "But Jesus was not crucified yet, how could the eleven disciples be clean under the first cleansing". I will say, Yes, Jesus was not crucified yet, but by faith all His disciples had received that salvation which would be made complete when Jesus died on the cross. Judas, on the other hand, had no faith to repent and believe, and hence, he was not clean in the eyes of the Lord.
I have explained in K120 that the garment of glory is a gift of the Lord and that how the Lord would wash and cleanse us so that we can have the garment back. We do not know how the garment will look like (spiritually) - will it be a new garment or the same garment which God had given to Adam and the angels? However, I saw something new again when I read what Jesus did in the following Bible verses :
Joh 13:3-12 KJV  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;  (4)  He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself .. .. (10) Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all .. .. (12) So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? ..

B. Jesus had to forgo His own glory (garments) so that He will restore our garments too
Today I notice that Jesus laid aside his garments before He started to wash the disciples feet (John 13:4). It was an awesome picture of how much he had to forgo to restore our garment back - it means that He had to lay aside His own garments (of glory and protection). He had to take off His own clothing so that we could be clothed. It shows that when He came to cleanse us, He had to forgo His two most precious things:
1. His own blood or His own life - it cost Him to lose His blood or His life to come to die for our sins;
2. His garments or glory - it also cost Him to lose His garment of glory and protection to come to teach and wash us with His words too.

Jesus would never lose His garments although the devil thought that he could strip Him and crucify Him
However, He lost His life and garments only temporarily. He got both back although the soldiers cast lots and took away all His garments including that garment which was transfigured JUST before He was crucified:
Joh 19:23-24 KJV  Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.  (24)  They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
Psa 22:16-19 KJV  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.  (17)  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.  (18)  They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.  (19)  But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
But how do we know that the devils, the dogs, or the soldiers who tried to snatch away His garments will not succeed?

Jesus is a type of Adam who will find his garment back
When I read the Joh 13:12-17 again, I knew that Jesus would get back His garments and continue to teach us after He was seated at the right hand of God:
Joh 13:12-17 KJV  So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?  (13)  Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.  (14)  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.  (15)  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.  (16)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.  (17)  If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
Rev 1:13 KJV  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment